Thursday, March 14, 2013

Detox or Die!

Today was Day 1 of a 30-day Detox Program by Arbonne in which Nick and I decided to participate. For a while, we've both been trying to lose weight, and despite consistent workouts at the gym, hiking, snowshoeing, and trying to cut back on sugar and junk food, we still haven't dropped the pounds!

So, we're detoxing! There are many reasons we decided to try this particular detox program. Here's a few...

I've had a number of friends who have tried it, and they say it makes them feel so much better and healthier and they've lost  pounds and inches as a result. Detoxing seems to be more about what you aren't eating than what you are eating. There is a list of processed, allergenic, and addictive foods to avoid while at the same time focusing on having a balanced and nutritious meal plan. It's like you're giving your digestive system a break while also allowing it to clean itself out so it can handle what you put into it better. Since the detox program focuses so much on nutrition, I am really excited about learning more about healthy eating habits and how the body processes different foods. And I'm looking forward to forming some healthier eating habits, having more energy, and hopefully even losing some fat and inches through the process. I'm also looking forward to learning to cook some new and healthier meals!

It's been a long road for me and my little family over the last few years, and although my house seems to be in pretty good order, I'm ready to get to my physical body (which is a temple of the Spirit) back into some order. Preparing for this detox program was a bit rough since we went out of town and just got back last night. I had to clean out my pantry and fridge before we left town (boxed up all the tempations!), and today I had to run out to the grocery store to stock up on all sorts of fresh fruit and veggies and to be able to cook a good meal tonight for dinner.


 Detox Day 1 = SUCCESS!

Stay tuned to follow this 30 day journey with Nick and me.







No comments:

Post a Comment