Thursday, March 21, 2013

Day 8 - Not alone!

Nothing much different from yesterday except that I'm reminded how grateful I am to have Nick doing this with me. If you're in a relationship, it's so much easier to face something like a 30-day detox when you do it together as a couple! You can relate with and sympathize with each other, you can make jokes and laugh about it together, you can cry together, and you can celebrate your victories together!

My total weight loss is 4 lbs so far and Nick has lost 6 lbs! Yay us!

Last week I was reading in the book of Matthew, and I've been meditating on chapter 4, verses 1-2, off and on ever since:

"Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. 
After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry."

Wow...the first thought that popped into my head was, 'If Jesus, being human and led by the Spirit, can fast for 40 days and nights and say no to temptation, I should at least be able to fast from certain foods for 30 days with the Spirit's help!' And praise God for his grace is sufficient and his power is made perfect in weakness!

2 comments:

  1. Hey! It's cool to read and hear about your detox! The Orthodox Church has fasting periods and I've been trying to participate and it's hard! One thing the Church does say is that being able to say deny your desires in one area (like food) will aid in denying fleshly, sinful desires when tempted.

    ReplyDelete