Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Day 13 - Leftovers

Sometimes it's just really nice to have leftovers for dinner. Cooking sometimes takes more energy than I have to offer! We had several big meals in a row this past weekend that gave us multiple leftovers that we hadn't used as of today. So tonight was leftovers for dinner night!


When our detox first began, I thought a week's worth of different meals would be sufficient and we'd just repeat with the same menu every week. But after 2 weeks, it's starting to get old since we usually have for lunch what we had the evening before for dinner. So I now need to look up some more recipes and get creative once again!

We've had some AMAZING meals, but when you have a meal over and over again just because you're comfortable making it and you've fallen into the pattern that this is 'good enough'  it loses a little bit of it's amazing-ness. 

In the past, if I made a meal that was a complete 'flop,' we'd order pizza or throw the dish out and go out to eat. It didn't happen often, but that was our back up plan. Being on the detox, however, is making me more hesitant and cautious about cooking things that might not turn out. I know we could still go out to eat as our backup, but I don't want to force us to make that decision. I personally don't want to go into a restaurant and face the big temptation to order foods I'm not suppose to have. 

Yes, I still do desire to eat pancakes with syrup and donuts and coffee, but it's not as BIG of a desire as it used to be. It's funny how your cravings change throughout the course of being on a detox. At first I was craving chocolate and donuts, but now I would just like a little bit of creamy salad dressing for my salads or a cup of iced BLACK tea instead of green or herbal. And yes, unsweet, would be perfectly fine! I would still like a Starbucks latte, but soda doesn't really tempt me anymore (at least not now). A cookie? Yes, maybe just a bite though. Butter and cheese sounds more appealing to me than sweets. 

We're so close to halfway! I know we're going to finish this thing out strong! Now to find some new recipes...

No comments:

Post a Comment