Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Day 7 = Week 1 complete!

Can't believe we've already completed our first full week on the detox! Hoping it's all downhill from here! Other than those first few days, it really hasn't been as bad as I thought it'd be. I can't say I no longer crave certain sugary foods and other things I'm not suppose to have, but the craving isn't quite as intense now. 

Since Isaac had a runny nose and some congestion this morning, I didn't take him with me to the Y. Instead, he played while I did a 40 min. DVD workout. Then he took a 2 hour nap! Boy was I productive during that time!

I found 2 new recipes that we tried out for dinner. One was for baked sweet potatoes, and it didn't call for brown sugar! The other recipe was a dry rub for grilled chicken (or steak or fish). And when I say delish - it was super DELISH! Nick and I agreed it was easily the tastiest grilled chicken we've ever made, and that's saying something! 


We also enjoyed our sweet potatoes and lots of veggies!



After we got Isaac to bed, I headed to the Y. I really wanted to get a good run in today. 



I started out  and easily ran a mile, then all a sudden I was feeling really out of breath. So I walked another mile. Still out of breath, I decided to try the bike. Then after about 15 minutes of that, I stretched out a little and came home. When I walked in the door, I was wheezing pretty good (and I don't wheeze often)! Nick heard it in my voice and gave me some breathing tips, and I'm feeling better now. Just coughing a bit. I'm a little disappointed that I didn't get a 3-mile run in. But I know to listen to my body when I'm working out. Maybe by mid-next week, I'll be back to running 3 miles hopefully!



No comments:

Post a Comment