Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Day 6 - The New Normal

Today felt almost normal! Went to women's group this morning at church. There's always a spread of food! Normally I would just put on my plate whatever looked good to me that day, but today I didn't. In fact, I didn't even go through the line to see what food was there until a couple friends told me there was some fresh fruit, and I should at least get that. So I had a little bunch of grapes and a clementine. Yum! You know, I didn't even really miss all that other stuff. Although...those donuts did look good!

These were the plates of some friends who were sitting around me, and it didn't really bother me. If I had faced all this food on Day 1, 2, or 3, I think I would have really struggled! But I'm kinda getting used to avoiding sugar and gluten by now.



And it really felt just like a normal Tuesday other than not eating a donut! Isaac and I met Nick for lunch at Chipotle, then we headed to Costco to pick up a few things. We came home and I browned 6 lbs of ground Turkey - most for the freezer. That along with the chicken breasts I got pretty much sets us up for the rest of the 30 days as far as meat goes!

Hoping for a good night's sleep tonight! Last night was a rough night for Isaac. He woke up screaming just before midnight and sounded like he was in such agony from teething. Really hoping he sleeps well tonight because it's back to the Y for us tomorrow morning! Not sure what I'll do if we don't get the sleep we need...

No comments:

Post a Comment