Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Day 14 = Week 2 Completed!

I was very tempted to stay home from the Y this morning, but I'm glad I didn't because I was able to accomplish one of my goals! The two weeks prior to us beginning our detox, I didn't exercise at all partly due to allergies and not feeling well and partly because we took a trip to Kansas.

I had been running 3 miles in just over 30 minutes before I took that two week break. When we came back from our trip and I finally got back to the gym, I was really discouraged that I 'couldn't' run the full 3 miles in a stretch. The most I felt I could run was about a mile. Then I'd end up walking, then run just a little more, then walk, then run a bit...well, you get the picture.

So today I was determined to run at least 2 miles before walking although I really desired to just tough it out and run the full 3. I had been running at a little faster pace than I'm used to and maybe that's why I was struggling so much to squeak out a mile before I was ready to give up, so today I slowed my pace down just by a hair.

And, would you believe, as my sister would say, "I just killed you, 3 mile run, in 31 minutes!" YEAH! Was it because I haven't had bad allergies the last couple days? Was it because I was on my 'lucky treadmill' at the Y? Was it because I was listening to the good ol' OC Supertones instead of Toby Mac today? Or was it because I had stronger will power today? It wasn't easy. I wanted to give up at a mile and a half, 2 miles, 2 and a half miles and so forth, but I kept telling myself things like, 'You've done this before,' 'Just get to the next half mile marker,' 'You will be so proud of yourself to be back on track and running 3 miles,' 'You'll be disappointed in yourself if you give up now,' etc. I  did say a little prayer as I started out, so now I'd like to thank the Lord for his help in accomplishing this goal! Whooohooo! I'm back, baby!


So after the treadmill, I biked for about 15 minutes which was all I really had time for before I needed to pick up Isaac from the child watch. We came home, baby napped, then we had lunch. After lunch, since I obviously hadn't exercised enough today already, Isaac and I joined a couple of friends for a late afternoon hike in Ute Valley. We hiked 3 miles in an hour which isn't bad especially when you're carrying a 20+ pound pack on your back!


We got home just 15 minutes or so before Nick arrived home from work, so we threw a taco salad together for dinner - DELISH! Got the baby bathed and in bed, and now it's time to relax! Can hardly believe tomorrow is the HALFWAY MARKER for our detox! Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment