Saturday, March 16, 2013

Day 3 - Exhausted

Darn you Detox Day 3! No one warned me about you!

I woke up VERY HUNGRY!

We had our protein shakes for breakfast.

I planned lunch.

I cooked lunch.

We ate lunch.

I planned dinner.

I cooked dinner.

We ate dinner.



...And that was Day 3.

I feel like I'm in the kitchen all the time now. I'm tired. I enjoy cooking and trying new recipes, but I don't enjoy not having any time for anything else. I've tried at least 6 new recipes over the last 3 days...

You're right. I am exaggerating when I say I haven't had time for anything else. It's just that I want to help Nick and myself be as successful as possible with this whole detox thing that I am having a hard time focusing on anything else but that. We have so many more dishes to wash since cooking so much at home.

Tonight, we went car seat shopping as Isaac is getting close to out growing the baby carrier he still rides in. And tonight Nick and I agreed that we would have totally eaten out tonight had it not been for this detox. So instead, we ate dinner, then went out. It worked out well enough, but it required planning ahead and making sure we ate on time so we would have time to go shopping before it got too late.

And at dinner time, I realized that I needed to make another trip to the grocery store soon. Nick already went out for me twice today. Thank goodness it's a Saturday!

I'm hoping that after I've made a few more 'detox-friendly' meals, it will be real easy to meal plan for the rest of the 30 days. We'll just rotate through all the tasty meals we've already enjoyed...and then our time will be up and I can enjoy that cookie I wanted tonight, that cupcake, and that Auntie Anne's cinnamon sugar pretzel with a Starbucks caramel macchiato...Hmmm....

I was feeling really depressed when we were driving home without our new car seat and thinking of all the stuff left undone at home that keeps building up that I keep meaning to do and haven't had time for yet. Nick said, "You stress eat, don't you?" Why yes, Nick, I do! And he tells me that's probably why I haven't lost much weight recently. It's true. I'm learning just how much I use food to cheer me up. And I happen to like it when food cheers me up! I just can't have any of my usual foods that cheer me up tonight. Bummer! I'm bummed out.

Day 3 is just a tough time. It hasn't been long enough (at least for me) to see any weight or inches dropping off yet. And I'm so worn out from all the cooking and planning - making sure I have all the ingredients I need and making sure I start preparing meals in far enough advance so we can eat on time and planning all my other activities around meal time. I sure hope this pays off!

No comments:

Post a Comment