Thursday, March 28, 2013

Day 15 - HALF WAY!

I see myself standing on top of a mountain right now. I've made the climb up! Now to begin the trek down!

If you've ever hiked a mountain before, you know different muscles are used when you hike down versus when you climbed up. You meet different challenges along the way, and, in my opinion, it's a lot easier to fall when you're going down. Not only is gravity working against you, but you're already tired from the climb up!

On top of the mountain, you're ecstatic that you made it this far - the half way point - and you tell yourself going back down will be a piece of cake! But when you start going down hill, sooner or later you learn it's not as easy as you were thinking it'd be.

I'm thrilled to be half way through our detox program! This is when it should be easy, right? I don't want to give up now because I see the end of the trail at the bottom of the hill! But...I am ready to be done.

Total weight loss for me = 7 lbs
Total weight loss for Nick = 9 lbs

If that's not exciting, I don't know what is! Our clothes are beginning to feel more loose. We feel good!

However, today wasn't a super exciting day. I found a few new recipes for us to try, and I had to go to the grocery store again. We've just been eating so much food! It's hard to keep the fridge stocked! And I was pretty discouraged when I saw how hard all our grocery shopping has been hitting the budget lately... I try to shop sales, but it still adds up really quick!

I think part of the issue is we've been eating our leftovers for lunches while we've been detoxing. Before, we would have a simple sandwich for lunch and use our leftovers for a second dinner. Another thing is that I've bought new spices and cooking oils since we don't have the flexibility to just buy a pre-made marinade for grilling chicken (as most of them have either vinegar, soy, or sugar). So that's a pretty penny too. At least I know we'll use all of this stuff even after we've finished the detox!

Nick made the comment, I think it was last night, that we're probably going to go crazy with eating out after we've completed our detox. I hope not! But honestly, after cooking almost every day for 30 days, I think I'll just be in the habit of it and we'll continue to eat at home mostly...hopefully! Also, I'll have a slew of healthy recipes up my sleeve that I've made and know we like!

Yeah, I may enjoy an ice cream cone every now and then, but already I feel more aware and educated about what is going into my body. And I kinda wonder if that first ice cream cone or cup of coffee after the detox will be mentally challenging for me to actually consume since I haven't had anything like that for what already feels like a VERY long time.

Well, here's to being half way done! 15 more days to go...


No comments:

Post a Comment