Friday, March 22, 2013

Day 9 - Shopping

It's never a good feeling when you wake up in the morning and think, 'Do I have enough food in the house to get us through the day?' Yikes! Especially on a detox, you truly do have to be prepared. If you can stay on top of grocery shopping and meal planning, it's pretty easy. If you can't, well, then you're creating more of a challenge for yourself than you should have to face.

I'm always thinking about the next meal, but I also try to think of the next couple days worth of meals. I'd like to sit down and right out a week's worth of meals at a time, but I just haven't taken the time to do that. So thinking about the next few days' meals seems to be working out just fine for now. 

I'm really glad breakfast is taken care of with our protein shakes! It's one meal I never have to worry about (as long as I have almond milk, berries, spinach, and other things to mix in with it constantly on hand)! And as far as lunches go, we just try to make enough for dinner the night before so we can have the leftovers the next day. Seems to be working out just fine! So it's really only dinners I have to think about, and that makes life on a detox so much easier! 

Because we were getting low on fruit and veggies and a few other things, today was grocery shopping day!

We had never shopped at Sprouts until we began our detox program, and now it's one of our favorite places to shop! They have such a great variety of organic and non-organic veggies, fruits, and meats, and the store is organized very well! 




And here's my little helper, holding onto one of his favorite fruits as we make our way to the car!










While we were out, we stopped by Target to get a few things including a new water bottle for Isaac that was like Mommy's. He loves my water bottle so much, so I thought it was time for him to have his own!


After Isaac woke up from his afternoon nap, I let him try it out. He loved it! He especially likes chewing on the sippy spout!

Then it was time for dinner, and this is what the protein part of our dinner looked like for tonight:
Lemon Basil Chicken


When I realized it was snowing after dinner and saw that the weekend is suppose to be yucky weather-wise, I was so glad I got my shopping done today! Now we can rest awhile knowing there are plenty of delicious healthy food choices in the house for the time-being! 






No comments:

Post a Comment