Monday, April 8, 2013

Day 26 - To Rest

Made it to the gym this morning. Ran my 3 miles then biked another quick 3.5 miles. I feel like Mondays set the tone for the rest of the week, and so I get pretty excited when I get a good workout in on that first business day and set the bar high for the week to follow!

But when I got home from my workout today, I just felt very tired and worn out. Exhaustion is not a great way to begin a week! In fact, I felt like I was fighting exhaustion all day long... So I drank a BUNCH of extra water today! I had my 'detox tea' and my 'energy fizz stick' and a 'caramel chew'  (Arbonne supplements we've been using) which I was hoping would give me a little pick me up. Those things did help, but the tiredness I was feeling today is a tiredness that just requires rest.

My allergies were a little worse than normal when I woke up this morning, and I still pushed myself to run my full 3 miles. The last few days it's been very sunny and warm - short sleeve weather. I even got a smidge sunburnt over the weekend. And tonight we're expecting SNOW...a blizzard warning in fact. That's Colorado Springs for you! So it's not surprising that my allergies were worse today. Whenever the weather changes, I tend to have more trouble with my allergies.

Thank the Lord for leftovers and meals like omelets is all I can say! I did not have energy to make a big dinner! And then I needed to run out to the grocery store tonight (just in case the weather is hindering tomorrow). Just got home a few minutes ago from doing my shopping, and the wind is really whipping now! Our house is creaking from the force of it!

And now I plan to spend the rest of the evening with another hot cup of tea and a book or some crocheting. Sometimes, you just need to take a break and rest! In general, I've feel like I've had more energy while on this 30-day detox program than I did before we began the program! And if a day like today - where I just feel downright tired - is few and far between, I can handle that! After all, to need rest is part of being human!

No comments:

Post a Comment