Monday, April 1, 2013

Day 19 - Beginning the week with a BANG!

I really didn't want to go to the Y when I woke up this morning. We had such a busy weekend, and I just wanted a day to relax. But Nick put a little pressure on me and asked me if I would later regret not going. So I went. And I'm so glad I did!

Today, I ran 4 miles! Yes, that's right - 4 MILES! And I didn't walk at all until after I had run those 4 miles. I was ready to be done after 3 miles, but I so wanted to reach a new 'milestone'...ha ha (pun intended)! I did slow my pace a bit after 3 miles, then I sped up as I was feeling comfortable. It felt so GOOD!

After finishing my run, I was on such a high! I felt like I could conquer the world! But then it didn't take long until I was ready to crash. The rest of the day has been a challenge because I've been so tired.

One important lesson to take away from detoxifying and trying to lose weight...it's a LOT harder to lose weight than it is to gain weight! Hopefully I'll be thinking about this after another 11 days and when I want to take a big bite out of a chocolate chunk cookie!

So I tried a new recipe tonight in the crockpot called Winter Squash and White Bean Stew and it actually turned out really good! It had a nice sweet flavor to it, but no sugar in it! Nick and I both thought it was a keeper. As Nick said, "I'd give it 2 smiley faces out of 3" on the smiley face scale. So we'll probably have this again sometime.


So with a 4-mile run this morning and a new recipe for dinner this evening, I'd say I've started this week with a BANG! Hopefully I won't wear myself out before Friday...

No comments:

Post a Comment