Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Day 20 - Lessons Learned

Wow! Day 20 is here! Time is really flying now and this detox will be over in a snap! We're still looking forward to adding dairy, gluten, coffee, and a little sugar back in to our diet, but it isn't very difficult to avoid those things these days.

I find it's when I allow myself to get hungry that I really crave the things I'm not suppose to have! Isn't that funny? You'd think I'd just be hungry enough to eat anything, but it's when I have an uncomfortable rumbling in my tummy that I want cookies or a big juicy hamburger!

So if I feel a little bit of hunger come on, I try to drink a bottle of water or eat a piece of fruit or some carrots or cucumbers and that really helps. But if I try to ignore my hunger, I get really grumpy and throw a little pity party for myself because I can't have a cookie.

Something else I've noticed too and I don't know if it's just me or if there is something to this....but I have noticed it's on warmer sunny days that I desire sweets. Any thoughts? I haven't figured that one out yet! Or maybe... it's because I like to get out and about on those sunshiny days, and when I'm out and about I like to 'treat' myself to things like Auntie Anne's pretzels, a Sonic cherry limeade during Happy Hour, some fro yo from Yo Yogurt, or a frappuccino from Starbucks. Yeah. I think I've just had a breakthrough!

When it's cold, I just want to stay home. And since we've removed any temptations from our sight and reach here, it's really easy to avoid giving in while at home. So when we've finished our detox, I'm going to have to really take this to heart and make sure I don't splurge on the calories and spur of the moment 'treats' because it is only going to get warmer and warmer as we go into summer.

Today was a cold day, and I think it helped make this day on the detox pretty easy! And being cold, it was also a good day to try another new recipe: Black Bean Vegetable Soup. 10 more days to go!





No comments:

Post a Comment